Old 29-10-2011, 10:31 AM
anthony123hopki anthony123hopki is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default Which Green Manure

Hi

I am looking at overwintering my plots with a green manure. I tried this a couple of years ago. I found however that when it came to digging it into the soil it was very difficult, and it kept growing back.

Does anyone know of a green manure that I can just chop down and leave the foliage on the surface to decompose with no risk of it growing back. i.e. the process of chopping the foliage effectively will kill the plant and the roots will decompose in-situ and the foliage on the surface.

Thanks.