Old 29-10-2011, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Sowing seed thinly

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:03:19 +0000, vicky wrote:

But it sounds like a job which could be done whilst stood at a counter -
open a packet, spread out a length of tape, space the seeds out onto the
tape, then plant a strip. The question is - would it work on normal
'sellotape' plastic tape, or does it have to be something taht can
disintegrate? I remember using sticky paper tape in art class, was it
masking tape? Would that work, I wonder?

Unlikely. The Unwins tapes are made of the same stuff as tea-bags (or
appear to be) the seeds are in pockets rather than stuck to anything
IYSWIM.