Old 29-10-2011, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Otish - My New Camera

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:54:46 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike
wrote:

But then again if you bought from one of the chains, you will have
certainly have had to listen to bullshit about a PAS with more pixels,
being superior to a DSLR with less..............

I didn't and no, there wasn't any. I used a store merely to get hands
on comparison between cameras and the shop chap knew from the start
that I was over 100 miles from home with time to kill and wouldn't be
buying anything that day or, indeed, ever from that shop. Maybe he was
bored but whatever.

I discounted DSLR on the simple ground of bulk without any help from
the assistant (but having thought long and hard about comments made in
response to my post a while back).

I chose the camera I did simply because I preferred it to the others I
played with in the store, and all credit to the assistant for allowing
me loads of time to get touchy feely with the various cameras. And to
be fair he said something about megapixel count being one of the last
things I should think about.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay where it's about
the same moisture-wise as the more wet end.

The cat's web site is at www.pillie.me.uk.