Old 30-10-2011, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Altering the clocks

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:21:21 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

GMT and stick with it?
BST and stick with it?
DBST and stick with it?
Carry on as it is now?

My vote goes to GMT and stick with it as I think most people would vote.

Mike

I'll vote that way too. The real solution would be to make the day
more exact as the year progresses. I think that means the clocks
should adjusted by -3.945 seconds every day for part of the year but
sticking to GMT is nearly as good.

Steve

Sorry for the top - post above

Steve - I doubt whether the nice people who keep Big Ben striking on time
would be too enthusiastic
about your "real solution". GMT ayr is the only way to go !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com