Old 30-10-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default a nice surprise

On 30/10/2011 15:41, Kate Morgan wrote:
I have just found a baby oak tree in the garden, We have several large
trees, but no Oaks. It is about a foot tall and I realise I will have to
move it but not yet maybe :-)

kate

That's great, Kate! We have quite a lot spring up in our garden and I
keep as many as I can.

If I were you, I'd lift and move this little tree before it gets too
deeply rooted. Moved now, it will enjoy the warm soil and get its roots
down over winter. Left for very long, it will be harder to lift and you
may damage its roots.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London