Old 30-10-2011, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Altering the clocks

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:58:04 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:10:30 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Nowadays GMT is referred to a UTC.

Only by USAnians, who hate the fact of GMT referring to Greenwich, ie
England. To them, Universal means American. They think they are the centre
of the universe.

Steve

The words "the centre of" are superfluous.

Sorry, my mistake.

Steve

My family have an American branch (grandmother's sister and co
emigrated) which got converted to the American way of thinking quite
quickly. Great Aunt came over to visit for a fortnight. I got chucked
out of my bedroom and was to sleep on a camp bed in the "front room".

On arrival GA handed my mother a list of people she'd invited to join
her for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner each day. They had to be
accommodated in the "front room" so that had to be pristine. It was,
fortunately, summer. For two weeks I slept in a tent in the garden.
The family ate in the kitchen (once my mother had served food to the
congregation in the front room!).

Hated Americans ever since!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the east end of Swansea Bay where the weather
is typically autumnal. There's sometimes rain, sometimes not.

The cat's web site is at www.pillie.me.uk.