Old 31-10-2011, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default a nice surprise

In article , Moonraker
writes
I have just found a baby oak tree in the garden, We have several large
trees, but no Oaks. It is about a foot tall and I realise I will have to
move it but not yet maybe :-)

kate

I am forever pulling up ones up to about 6", I I left them I would have
a oak sapling forest by now.

I left one in my lawn not that many years ago, it's now about 25 foot
high and growing! I just don't have the heart to cut it down though it
will inevitably shadow part of the vegetable beds.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph