Old 31-10-2011, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Warwick Warwick is offline

Default a nice surprise

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:53:43 +0000, Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Moonraker
writes
I have just found a baby oak tree in the garden, We have several large
trees, but no Oaks. It is about a foot tall and I realise I will have
to move it but not yet maybe :-)

kate

I am forever pulling up ones up to about 6", I I left them I would have
a oak sapling forest by now.

I left one in my lawn not that many years ago, it's now about 25 foot
high and growing! I just don't have the heart to cut it down though it
will inevitably shadow part of the vegetable beds.

Much higher and any council official doing a tree survey will say "Oh
look an Oak, here have a tree protection order."

Warwick