Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Alex R

Default Is it better to dose PMDD daily?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
. ca...
I've been wondering if it's better to does PMDD daily...so far I've been
doing it twice a week. I've been noticing a little algae spurt growth

right
after I dose. Maybe if I do it in much smaller increments every day then

the
algae will not take advantage of a larger dosing...and probably better for
the plants (being more consistant).

For the macronutrients, I don't think it matters whether you dose them twice
a week or every day. But, IME, the frequency of dosing does make a
difference for iron. Iron doesn't stay in a usable form for very long. I get
less discoloration on new leaves when I dose the traces every day than when
I do it less frequently. But dosing more often would not starve the algae.
It might make the plants healthier, and reduce algae *that* way.
__
Alex