Old 31-10-2011, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default crop/dirt rotation, bean plant remains

This year we grew dwarf runner beans in a container with enough
success to encourage trying again next year. I know crop rotation is
important with beans, but the container is perfect for the size of
crop and cane arrangement.

So I'm thinking of dumping the dirt out of the bean container into
another one for growing brassicas, and dumping the dirt used for
something else into the bean container. (I'll mix compost in too.)
Is this sensible, or am I missing something?

Also, should I churn the remains of the bean plants back under the
ex-bean, brassica-next dirt (to put some of the stuff that beans suck
out back in), or just pull the bean plants out and put them in the
general compost?

Thanks,
Adam