Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default a nice surprise

On 2011-11-01 22:44:42 +0000, Martin said:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:49:47 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Martin
writes
I omitted the smiley.

Oh that's a relief! I can't see Chiltern DC spending that much money
on
spying!

There was a BBC TV programme this week, in which a guy living
illegally in a national park in a well camouflaged reproduction Saxon
hut was spotted from the air by a helicopter that was looking for
illegally parked caravans. The sun reflected off the solar panels on
his reproduction Saxon hut roof. It was in a repeat of an episode of
Griff Rees Jones Mountains on BBC HD.
At the time I wondered how they could afford to spend money for that
on a helicopter. :-)

You sound like my husband who, every time the tv does a 'surprise'
arrival at someone's house or whatever, says "isn't it amazing that
the
camerman got inside first?" He's ruined many a moment of
plot-unfolding anticipation for me! ;-)

It might irritate my wife too, if she didn't usually beat me to saying
it. :-)

We think that just about every factual programme on TV is really
fiction, especially the antique and house programmes.

There's a degree of 'manipulation' in all of them but of course, if
there wasn't, they'd be either dull or shambolic, or both!

Some of the antique "experts" give the impression of being clueless
when it comes to valuations and some of the auctions appear to be
rigged.

We both enjoy the Antiques Roadshow (though know of one person who burgled
after appearing on it!) but I don't like the auction programmes. Too much
faked up enthusiasm or disappointment for my liking!
--
Sacha

My sister's house was featured in the local paper's property section as 'The
Property of the week' with all of the hype which goes with it.

Then she got burgled within a few days.

However, when my daughter and son in law had a huge luxury kitchen fitted
and it was used as the companies 'Show Kitchen' in the brochure and
advertising literature, they didn't say where it was or any location
identification. :-))

Mike

Mike