Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Co-workers on allotments

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Yes, they would have to get together as a group to petition their local
Council. So sounds good but how do these people find each other without
help from the Council? The plot holders on our allotment site come from a
wide area, we are the only ones from this area (about 2 miles away), and
others come from 5 miles away from the site in the opposite direction.

Maybe the allotmenteers could put a big poster that says you want an
allotment please contact ...... and put the name of someone who would act
as co ordinator. Or put an advert in the Press?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Janet one doesn't pay for an advert in the local press :-((

A 'Letter to the Editor', which is free, brings a great response :-))

Worded carefully, it could possibly be 'The Letter of the Week' and be
awarded a financial reward.

Been there done that got the cheque. :-))

Mike