Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default crushed oyster shells as potting soil additive?

On 11/02/2011 08:24 PM, stuart noble wrote:

I've used fullers earth cat litter in the garden and it behaves like any
other clay. Goes rock hard in summer so that water runs off it.

Hi Stuart,

Someone just sent me this link which may be of interest:
http://www.srgc.org.uk/wisley/2008/100908/log.html

The good stuff is "Tesco Premium Cat Litter." Interesting discussion
about the cost of cat litter versus identical horticultural additive
(litter is 3 times cheaper).

-E