Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Hops

"Snag" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
I wish we had her Grandma's , that part got snippedrecipes , but Dad's
brother snatched all that when
she passed . Along with a lot of other stuff .

Are relations with that line of the family strained or cordial enough
for you to contact whoever now has the recipes and ask if you can
copy them?

They're all Mormons , and to both sides of my family -with the exception
of my one surviving brother- I no longer exist since I left the church .

Even if you don't want to do that, I'm sure you would still be able
to find recipes for the same things she made on the Net. I collect
old cookbooks (in a casual and desultory way) a nd I know those sorts
of recipes and others I'm sure she'd also have made appear in early
to mid 20th century cookbooks.

I might be able to find similar recipes if I looked , but we also have
the wife's family as a source . Most of them are Southern Baptists and
almost as rabid as Mormons , but I haven't alienated them . Yet .

LOL. So, what's stopping you looking for those recipes (other than a touch
of sloth)?