Old 07-11-2011, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default pothos plant dying

On 11/7/11 6:51 AM, Jane Blatz wrote:
I have two pothos. They are both the same size, the same age and are
in the same window. One is doing fine and the other seems to be
rotting.

I decided to remove the shoots that were still green and try to root
them. When I did I noticed that there are black bumps all along the
stems. The other plant does not have them.

What is it and what can I do to protect the other plant?

Thanks

The black bumps are buds that will form new roots.

Pothos seems to decline when the stems get very long, when they are
over-watered or under-watered, when they are over-fed. I renew mine
from cuttings every few years. After the cuttings develop a good root
system, I trash the parent and use its pot for the rooted cuttings.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see