Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Advice on indoor plant

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:29:30 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

I would get one or two Pilea cadierei or Pilea cadierei nana, they
are bomb proof, they can go limp through lack of water, thep within an
hour of watering they will be back up, no sign of dammage, they also
root fairly easily, then there are spider plants, the children can
watch the new plants forming then later cut them off and pot them up.
Some of the house leeks are also almost bomb proof and easy to
propagate.http://www.google.co.uk/search?
hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=9&gs_id=22&xhr=t&q=houselee ks&pq=pilea
+cadierei&safe=off&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.
2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=792&bih=443&wrapid=tlj p1320675906640216&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
David

That brings back memories of my time in what was then called "infants
school". There was a large spider plant on a table in the classroom
and when a little plantlet appeared, it would be dunked into water in
a milk bottle (we used to have those third-pint ones every morning)
and we could watch the roots developing before cutting it from the
parent and potting it up. Over time, every child in the class had at
least one to take home so we could continue the process. We had to pay
a penny to cover the cost of the pot and compost but the pennies
always came from the headmistress.

Cheers, Jake
You can't change yesterday so forget it. You don't know
what tomorrow will bring so don't worry about it. Just
enjoy today. It's a gift; which is why we call it "the
present".