Old 07-11-2011, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Advice on indoor plant

Sacha wrote:
That's a good point. But I would guess that it might be true of many
bulbs, not just the treated ones for indoor flowering. It's probably a
fungicide of some sort.

I've only ever experienced it with the indoor flowering type. Bulbs
for outdoor planting used to be dipped in hot water to kill off
undesirables but Ray doesn't know if that's still done.

I promise it's not just indoor hyacinth bulbs that make /me/ itch!
And it doesn't matter if I touch with my hands then wash my hands and dont'
touch my face, it's my neck and face that itch