Old 27-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Noctaire

Default Name That Bug - Photo Included!

They are box elder bugs....can become big pests certain
times of the years when they invade the home. Control
can very from insecticidal soap and a vacuum cleaner to
pyrethroids on the outside of the home to help keep them
out. Tree removal is the only way to stop them. I have
found them in Boxelder trees, soapberry trees, Chinese
lantern trees, mature red and silver maples and
fruitless mulberry trees.

I don't care what the bug nuts say -- those things live EVERYWHERE. Would
you believe we had a massive colony living in our ROSE bushes!? Blew our
minds.

They don't really do any harm -- just get to be a nuisance late summer when
their numbers are at their greatest. We were living out in MD for a while
and they were so bad that they had nearly taken over the apartment
complex -- laundry room, windows, the works. My daughter didn't mind so
much though -- she kept chasing them down and eating them.

Noc