Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Todays Dahlias

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Sacha,
These are between 6ft and 7.5ft
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...1/stella01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...1/stella02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...icottree01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...icottree02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...011/Noname.jpg

And lastly I spoted this little friend on the Apricot dahlia when I
was going through then this evening.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...reevisitor.jpg

Lovely, I used to have Hill House's D. imperialis which was spectacular in
leaf but I never got it to flower as I grew it outside, still got to 14ft or
more in a season. I know you have the same plant but it does not grow so
tall and it flowers earlier (before the frost kills it), do any of your's
have spectacular foliage like the tall one? I ask because I'd like one.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK