Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 AM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default It's over

On Nov 8, 6:12*pm, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
The few remaining plants were pulled today. * Only weeds remain, along
with a scattering of volunteer dill. * Some people call it "dill weed"
and it's easy to see why.

This year we had bountiful harvests of cucumbers, Asian eggplants, and
basil. *The last of the eggplants were used to make this dish:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/he...ipehealth.html

Adapt this recipe to suit your cooking style. * Ignore the pomegranate
molasses; substitute sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice to achieve the
desired flavor balance of sweet and sour. * By all means, add a generous
quantity of coarsely chopped sweet onions.

We made a huge batch -- ate some, froze some, gave some to friends. Wow,
everybody likes it, even people who "hate eggplant." * Serve it hot or
cold; you can't miss.

Daniel B. Martin

Looks good. We took the typical and easy route with Parmesan but we
have a bunch in the freezer. We also use it in soups and stews. And we
don't like Eggplant either