Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ZoysiaSod ZoysiaSod is offline

Default Unsatisfied with your Lawn Mowing company?

This reminds me. I read in a book to write down the
grass you planted and its variety name so you have
a record of it for future reference.

The printed names on the back of my bag of Scotts
Turf Builder grass seed (Sun and Shade Mix) is
already fading. I can barely read the names anymore,
so for future reference:

Fenway Creeping Red Fescue
Wendy Jean Creeping Red Fescue

Uno Perennial Ryegrass
Silver Dollar Perennial Ryegrass

Wildhorse Kentucky Bluegrass
Abbey Kentucky Bluegrass

The percentage of each above is roughly equal.

Other ingredients in the bag a

0.50 percent Other Crop Seed (I wonder what those crops are?)

50 percent Water Smart Coating (don't eat this seed--chuckle)

1.75 percent Inert Matter (what could this be--all I see is
seed in the bag)

0.01 percent Weed Seed (very nice, low percentage)

Noxious Weed Seeds: None Found.

I can't read the seeds' places of origin anymore (totally
faded), but I think I remember that the seeds came from
Washington State and Oregon.