Old 11-11-2011, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Weather stations

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:16:59 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Another John" wrote in message
I just bought the Aldi weather station this week (18.99), but it will
have to go back I'm afraid, because it's not measuring the outside
humidity properly.

However I've also discovered, to my surprise - nay, amazement - that it
only appears to measure the range 0 to 70 deg C. Nothing below 0 is no
good to people who live Oop North! I want to know if it's -1, or -10
out there!

Any recommendations for such a weather station? I'm not looking for
anything sophisticated, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I would probably
be happy with only the temperature (humidity can usually be judged by
looking out of the window, IME).

Cheers
John

Can't help you John, I just look outside.

However, I would be interested to know if it has an outdoor sensor and if it
works through such things as leaded light windows or the like. An OP here a
short while ago failed to answer my questions, perhaps you are more
courteous.

Kindest regards

Mike

FWIW, I procured a multi-sensor digital thermometer from he

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/

Works at 868 MHz. Measures temperature at the receiver and comes with
two remote sensors. One of which is attached to the outside of my
conservatory, the other is in the greenhouse waaay down the garden.
The batteries that were supplied with it couldn't handle summer
temperatures and died. Outdoor operation is (allegedly) down to -39 F
which is conveniently around -39 C. Not sure how the batteries will
hang in there though...

Regards
JonH