Old 12-11-2011, 06:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
Richard Sherratt Richard Sherratt is offline

Default Dwarf Lemon Woes (Melbourne)

We planted a dwarf lemon about three years ago. It flowers, but not
abundently and seems to produce a few little starter fruits about 2 to
3mm in diameter, but they all drop off after a few days. If you touch
one that's sstill attached, it dropos off immediately. It's a "Lots
A' Lemons".

It's in in a terracotta pot with internal measurements 520mm dia by
510mm deep. The pot previously had a cumquat bush that thrived
(cumquat marmalade in big batches - yum), but I totally replaced the
old dirt with terracotta potting mix.

The pot's sitting on a paved surface and might not drain particularly
well.

It's been fed and watered according to the instructions on the tag
that came with it. It might have been over-watered for the first year
before I bought a soil moisture meter. It's had leaf miner attacks
which we handled by spraying and removing affected leaves. Some of the
leaves turn yellow.

Any thoughts?

--
Regards.