Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Doug[_8_] Doug[_8_] is offline

Default Weather stations

On 11-Nov-2011, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Another John" wrote in message
I just bought the Aldi weather station this week (18.99), but it will
have to go back I'm afraid, because it's not measuring the outside
humidity properly.

However I've also discovered, to my surprise - nay, amazement - that it
only appears to measure the range 0 to 70 deg C. Nothing below 0 is no
good to people who live Oop North! I want to know if it's -1, or -10
out there!

Any recommendations for such a weather station? I'm not looking for
anything sophisticated, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I would probably
be happy with only the temperature (humidity can usually be judged by
looking out of the window, IME).

Cheers
John

Can't help you John, I just look outside.

There's are several Windows desktop 'Gadgets' which show the temperature and
cloudiness of a nearby location, which I find very useful and reasonably
accurate according to my indoor/outdoor thermometer and view from a window.
There can be a degree or two difference though, depending on which location
is chosen and how frequently they are refreshed.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nalize/gadgets

Doug.