Old 12-11-2011, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default uhoh

Ross@home wrote:

....re soybeans...

That's one bean we don't have to spend any time shelling.
Soybeans are a huge cash crop around this area with many thousands of
acres grown each year. We can get more than we need of already shelled
soybeans quite easily.
Many pounds are spilled when the harvested beans are transferred from
the combines to the waiting trucks.
I've never been denied permission to retreive some of the spilled
beans when I've asked.

yes, i could do that too, but i don't want
glyphosate resistant soybeans (which are what
99+% of farmers grow around here). this is
also soybean/corn growing country (a few
farmers grow sugar beets).

the taste is noticeably different compared
to what i grew last year. those were beans
picked off the ground from the field next to
us. won't do that again.

songbird