Old 14-11-2011, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weather stations

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:19:50 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

It's a pity none of the cheap weather stations seem to work with WiFi.
It would be nice to see the temperatures on the computer.

Would add a whole new sub-system to be "general public user
friendly". It would need a TCP/IP stack, web server and processor
capable of handling that. I suspect that these cheap weather stations
just have a "weather station chip" rather than a GP processor
suitably programmed.

Incidentally, I have an old Lidl weather station which works well
except that the LEDs have become so dim that they are more or less
invisible.

LEDs, going dim, not heard of that, they temd to work or not work. Do
you really mean LEDs? They tend to be power hungry and all the
weather stations I have seen have LCD displays. The latter can lose
contrast with age, there *might* be a contrast adjustment inside.

--
Cheers
Dave.