Old 15-11-2011, 12:19 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by royroy View Post
This summer, very many shoots grew form just below each cut branch. How can I prevent thyis fast growth of so many new shoots, sometimes three from each cut?
You can't necessarily prevent multiple new shoots forming, but you can thin them out, which is easy when they are only just formed. 3 from a cut, incidentally, is hardly "many", indeed I would go so far as to call it "few". You should see the spiders that grow out from the pruning cuts on my neighbour's Norway maple. Or from a pruned hawthorn.