Old 16-11-2011, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Warwick Warwick is offline

Default Selling Seed (was Ebay)

Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article ,
writes
If they're medical, I'm not at all surprised. My mum had a load of my nan's
medication left in her car when she died, and the only way to dispose of
them was to take them to a chemist. Couldn't, I believe, even donate them
back to a hospice or community nurse. Presumably you have to be qualified
and registered to hand them out.

Actually there's a brilliant charity based in Leicester that are
desperate for unused medical supplies to send out to poorer countries..
I got free labels from them after Tom died and sent them all the stuff
I had, the chemist would destroy them, this charity sends them out to
third world locations and will take most stuff.

http://www.intercare.org.uk/donate-medicines

That page makes it look like your GP has to do the donation right up to
the last couple of lines at the bottom where it says you can post direct
to them.

Brilliant idea. I've always hated that handing them to a pharmacy meant
they would be destroyed. I've also had a problem where a pharmacy gave
me a blank look when I tried to retun them. Presumably because it almost
never happens.

Warwick