Old 16-11-2011, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Can anyone help me identify these plants?

In message , echinosum
writes

Janet;941871 Wrote:
4. The fourth plant keeps its leaves right up until January they

come
back end of February with gorgeous baby pink flowers.

Looks like Weigela 'Florida Variegata'

I agree, it does, though a close-up of the leaves would help. But
where
is OP living if it flowers in Feb? Wouldn't he have something more
exciting to show us if living in such a climate? Mine flowers in
summer.[/i][/color]

A possible, if a little strained, interpretation is that it's just the
leaves that come back in February, and the flowers occur at a different
time. "Baby pink flowers" in February would be a Viburnum (e.g.
bodnantense) or early-flowering Prunus, but neither looks anything like
the photo.

--
echinosum

--