Old 16-11-2011, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden Enthusiast's Needed for Project - Help Please!

AdamUK wrote:
Hello Enthusiasts,

I am currently doing an Architecture project where I will be
designing a plant and tree enthusiasts retreat in Bradgate park,
Leicester.

Within this I think I would like to have :
A greenhouse,
A botany Laboratory
Access to the tree nursery
An Information Desk
As well as other mainstays such as bedrooms, dining etc.
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much about plants, trees
or what enthusiasts/professionals would require or like in a building
like this, so if you would be so kind could you help me out?
Please reply with anything you would want or need in your dream venue
for learning, viewing and volunteering in plant research within my
building.

All your opinions or suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Adam

P.S the project is for University, so budget is infinate

I would like to have multiple 'greenhouses', rather enclosed environments,
each set up for different growing conditions of temperature, humidity, light
etc, to permit exotic plants from all round the world to be studied. (You
did say the budget was infinite). So we can wander from the cloud forests
of Hawaii to the Atacama desert to Heard Island. It would of course be
thermally efficient as the heat pumped from Heard island will go to the
Sahara! In payment for this concept I would like the modest reward of 10%
of the annual operating budget per year.

David