Old 17-11-2011, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Warwick Warwick is offline

Default Selling Seed (was Ebay)

Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Warwick
writes
We've already got SARS, MRSA and a few other resistant bacteria. Finish
your course even if you feel better (As I will with the Amoxicilin I
started today) and dispose of anything your GP tellsyou to stop properly.

Well sending stuff that the Charity will accept seems to be a fairly
good idea Warwick.

And what's "properly" otherwise? Some tablets HAVE to be stopped after a
short time, maybe there should be a voucher incentive to take stuff back
to chemists if they can destroy it safely if it HAS to be destroyed.
After all I have a multifuel fire but who does nowadays and anyway a
domestic fire would not presumably be hot enough to incinerate tablets
safely without giving off perhaps dangerous fumes?

I dunno. I picked up some information but I'm an IT geek (retraining
as an ecologist) not a chemist. When I've had short term prescriptions I
only receive the amount prescribed. When I had a muscle spasm that
wouldn't go away and effectively crippled me I was prescribed 3 days of
diazepam which was *just* enough to unlock the muscle. I assume that
anything that would be a danger in the water course needs to be
incinerated. I *think* GPs are becoming better at not over-prescribing
too.

We could have done with that and the medicines scheme in the early 90's
when my grandmother went into hospital. Once the duplicate packets were
removed we got her medications down to 2 carrier bags full. But that was
a GP who treated every symptom as it turned up and never linked them
together in his head. The hospital had a bit of a nightmare trying to
work out how to get her off most of them but the point was moot since
cancer was prety much everywhere by then. The GP got struck off for his
shotgun prescribing conflicting medicines.

Warwick