Old 17-11-2011, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Young peach trees and spraying

Peachless wrote:
I have three beautiful peach trees, one nectarine, one apricot and
several other fruit trees. My question is this. I need to spray at
leaf fall with something to prevent peach leaf curl BUT the leaves
are still green and only a few have fallen. Can anyone advise me what
to do about the spraying programme which I have carried out
faithfully (with Dithane) for the past three years and have had some
excellent fruit.

If you want to spray when the leaves fall then why not wait, are you
expecting that they will not fall for some reason?

I have always sprayed stone fruit for peach leaf curl with copper just
before budding in late winter when there are no leaves and that works for
me. As for which time, if either, is better I cannot say.

David