Old 17-11-2011, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Griselina Littoralis (NZ privet) - leaves turning brown..

Rod wrote in news:26b4c748-39a9-419c-a4a1-
:

But did the roots look to be in good condition? If the opinions of
Sacha & Jake are correct - and I think they very probably are, then
picking about the roots with your fingers you'd find that a lot of the
roots were soft and rotten.

I roots I could see looked OK to me, although I didn't actually feel them
for soggyness, etc. Thanks for the tip about bubble-wrap, and emulating the
original compost when repotting.

If these don't survive the winter, due to my mistakes, I'll buy
replacements, next spring.

Al