Old 17-11-2011, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Griselina Littoralis (NZ privet) - leaves turning brown..

Rod wrote in
:

But did the roots look to be in good condition?

They lookd healthy enough to me, although I didn't actually feel them for
softness/soggyness.

The last repotting you did was on the late side for using such a
nutrient rich compost as JI3, I wouldn't repot containers much after
the end of August anyway, the plants need to grow into the compost
before it gets cold and wet.

I see... I hope they can cope with my repotting operation of today.
Actually, after I knocked off the more recent compost, (the John Innes No3)
what I was left with was more or less the original rootball with newer
roots sticking out in all directions (those that had grown ito the newer
compost from my previous repotting efforts.

I hope they survive, but if not, I'll have to replace them next Spring.

Al