Old 18-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Peachless Peachless is offline
Registered User

[quote='David Hare-Scott[_2_];941996']Peachless wrote:
I have three beautiful peach trees, one nectarine, one apricot and
several other fruit trees. My question is this. I need to spray at
leaf fall with something to prevent peach leaf curl BUT the leaves
are still green and only a few have fallen. Can anyone advise me what
to do about the spraying programme which I have carried out
faithfully (with Dithane) for the past three years and have had some
excellent fruit.

If you want to spray when the leaves fall then why not wait, are you
expecting that they will not fall for some reason?

I have always sprayed stone fruit for peach leaf curl with copper just
before budding in late winter when there are no leaves and that works for
me. As for which time, if either, is better I cannot say.

David I live in the UK, on the coast, South East. I have several potions with which to spray my peach trees, maybe you can advise me as to which is the best one to use out of the following: Murphy's traditional copper fungicide, Vitax Bordeaux mixture and Bayer's Dithane. They all state to spray at leaf fall and again mid February and then 14 days following that. Thank you for your reply. Leaf fall is usually in Autumn and I am worried that I may leave it too late as I also put one of them into an unheated greenhouse when all the leaves have fallen.