Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Default How to grow E. Tennelus/Sags w/o messy runners?

Cut off the runners you spot in your weekly maintainance. Easiest
way to control them.

"alex crouvier" wrote in message
I bought 2 pots of E. Tennelus and Dwarf Sags. I planted then int he
foreground of my high light
CO2 injected 15-gallon tank with rich substrate. Initally all is well and
quiet before these little sword
buggers send runners like on steroids. The result is a mess of daughter
plants going over one another
in less than 2 weeks. The bit of empty space upfront for my Corys to graze
is all gone.
In a while it has that nice grassy look of Amano tank but on closer
inspection the tangle of
wild runners create breeding spots for all sorts of algae, beard, spot,
thread, fuzz, you name it.\
This is especially apparent across the front side of the tank where the
runners seem to be heading....

Is there a way to control the growth of this kind of plants without ending
up with algae infestation??