Old 17-11-2011, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default conservation volunteering

On Nov 17, 7:02*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Warwick
writes

Kinda back on topic... The conservation work (volunteering) is a
wonderful thing to be doing for lots of reasons.

Sounds good I've always wanted to do something like that but don't want
to just pick up litter etc., wouldn't mind getting tog rips with taking
out scrub and brambles and so on. Very therapeutic and lots of people
with same mindset.

Not sure there's much of that type of conservation round South
Buckinghamshire. Even better love to go on w help restore a garden or
something but the ones I've looked up mean you have to pay THEM for the
privilege of going and I can't afford the sort of money they demand
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I know it's not in your area, but the RSPB are always looking for help
and don't charge.
See http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/Do_som...cm9-206824.pdf