Old 17-11-2011, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default conservation volunteering

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:02:18 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Warwick
writes
Kinda back on topic... The conservation work (volunteering) is a
wonderful thing to be doing for lots of reasons.

Sounds good I've always wanted to do something like that but don't want
to just pick up litter etc., wouldn't mind getting tog rips with taking
out scrub and brambles and so on. Very therapeutic and lots of people
with same mindset.

Not sure there's much of that type of conservation round South
Buckinghamshire. Even better love to go on w help restore a garden or
something but the ones I've looked up mean you have to pay THEM for the
privilege of going and I can't afford the sort of money they demand

You may want to check out your local wildlife trust
http://www.bbowt.org.uk/

They have volunteer pages on their web site listing the current
vacancies (including one for a wildlife gardener at one of their
reserves). If they are anything like the Devon Wildlife Trust they
will be grateful for your time and will probably pay traveling
expenses.

rbel