Old 18-11-2011, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

On 18/11/2011 12:58, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Baz" wrote ...

We have had some intrusions in the past and have done (at a cost) some
security measures such as PrikaStrip and GuardCam. These reccommendations
were given to us from the police and we have bought the products and
installed them.

All of that has not stopped a certain indivdual from using our garden
as a
shortcut to his parents house when he has had a taste of beer and heaven
knows what else.

Thinking I was within the law I put a bit of barbed wire in his way in MY
garden betweem the Prika Striped fences. There is no way in or out unless
your intentions are criminal.

He got a bit entangled, snagged his body and clothing, and I have an ASBO
for my efforts. He rang his parents and they knew or at least thought
they
knew where he was.

The GuardCam worked against me in this case because I had the cheek to
protect my property.

Sounds to me from your description a bit more like you were installing a
man trap in your garden using barbed wire. Not surprised the police did
you for it.

Well at least you won't get called up for jury service now you have a
criminal record. :-)
Bit harsh though, for just putting barbed wire up on ones own property,
if it's considered that anti social why is it allowed to be sold. Did
you ask the Court what you should have done instead? They would probably
say call the Police, so you waste a phone call. I trust the other party,
the trespasser, got a similar ASBO?

Far more effective to grow wild rambling rose, pyrocantha or berberis.
All entirely natural versions of barbed wire and at present legal.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown