Old 18-11-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

"MuddyMike" wrote

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I put
along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never occurred to
me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt themselves on it. To be
honest although it is along a back wall mostly out of sight I hate seeing
it there but had no choice.

I was told by the Police some years ago that it is OK if no-one can touch it
whilst standing on the ground. That is, they have to be attempting climbing
over etc to get near it. I know one house I walk past has an electrified
fence on top of their wall judging by the insulated connectors. I've also
seen a house with a sign saying "This property is booby trapped,
unauthorised entry will cause injury and may cause death" but that was
abroad.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK