Old 18-11-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

"MuddyMike" wrote in
news

"Baz" wrote in message
We have had some intrusions in the past and have done (at a cost)
some security measures such as PrikaStrip and GuardCam. These
reccommendations were given to us from the police and we have bought
the products and installed them.

All of that has not stopped a certain indivdual from using our garden
as a shortcut to his parents house when he has had a taste of beer
and heaven knows what else.

Thinking I was within the law I put a bit of barbed wire in his way
in MY garden betweem the Prika Striped fences. There is no way in or
out unless your intentions are criminal.

He got a bit entangled, snagged his body and clothing, and I have an
ASBO for my efforts. He rang his parents and they knew or at least
thought they knew where he was.

The GuardCam worked against me in this case because I had the cheek
to protect my property.

Baz

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I
put along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never
occurred to me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt
themselves on it. To be honest although it is along a back wall mostly
out of sight I hate seeing it there but had no choice.

Mike

Mike, a word of caution,
Keep your barbed wire, but be aware that you could get yourself a criminal
record if a perp injures him/herself whilst potentially harming you or your
property after entering your premises. I hope it never happens to you.

Baz