Old 18-11-2011, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"MuddyMike" wrote

I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I
put along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never
occurred to me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt
themselves on it. To be honest although it is along a back wall mostly
out of sight I hate seeing it there but had no choice.

I was told by the Police some years ago that it is OK if no-one can
touch it whilst standing on the ground. That is, they have to be
attempting climbing over etc to get near it. I know one house I walk
past has an electrified fence on top of their wall judging by the
insulated connectors. I've also seen a house with a sign saying "This
property is booby trapped, unauthorised entry will cause injury and
may cause death" but that was abroad.

Things have moved on since then. For the worse.
We are no longer allowed to put up a sign "Beware of the Dog" in the UK.
In fact I beleive we have to rely on not being killed or injured while we
sleep, and if we are then simply 'phone the police during any attack, life
threating or not. Simple when some scroat has you by the balls or has your
wife nailed to the coffee table.

Baz