Old 19-11-2011, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

David in Normandy wrote in
r:

On 18/11/2011 20:13, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

Things have moved on since then. For the worse.
We are no longer allowed to put up a sign "Beware of the Dog" in the
UK.

Don't talk nonsense.

Janet

I don't know if this applies in the UK, but I read somewhere that if I
were to put up a "Beware of the Dog" sign here in France, it is a
legal admission of my liability if someone subsequently gets bitten by
the dog! Saying that there are still such signs around here and there,
not as many as I used to see in the UK though.

I see.
I have gotten the wrong end of the stick, as it were. Ruff ruff.

Seriously I do tend not to read things properly, not an excuse, but I do
work hard at it.

So Janet, I was talking nonsense.
My apologies.

Baz