Old 19-11-2011, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of a ticking off!

On 11/19/2011 03:04 PM, David in Normandy wrote:
On 18/11/2011 20:13, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

Things have moved on since then. For the worse.
We are no longer allowed to put up a sign "Beware of the Dog" in the UK.

Don't talk nonsense.

Janet

I don't know if this applies in the UK, but I read somewhere that if I
were to put up a "Beware of the Dog" sign here in France, it is a legal
admission of my liability if someone subsequently gets bitten by the
dog! Saying that there are still such signs around here and there, not
as many as I used to see in the UK though.

? Since you're liable whether you have a sign or not, I'm afraid that
doesn't hold much water, sorry David.

However not to worry if your dog bites someone! Liability insurance
is obligatory in France, and is your home insurance policy covers
anything that happens on your property. If you instruct your dog to
attack someone I imagine you'd be done for GBH though.

-E