Old 19-11-2011, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default A bit of a ticking off!

On 19/11/2011 19:23, kay wrote:
'Spider[_3_ Wrote:

Can you plant a prickly rose against that fence so that you have some
protection? Provided you keep it trimmed at the top (which will make it

denser ;~)), I don't see how the police can object.

Indeed many police forces will give you a leaflet on protecting your
home and garden which contains suggestions for prickly plants.

Quite so. Being the Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator for our road, I see
most of these guides. One still has to be sensible, though, and not
drag the spirit of the law too far away from the letter of the law;~).
The "keep it trimmed" advice was something of a two-edged sword.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London