Old 20-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Catjane Catjane is offline
Registered User

Location: Wantage, Oxon
Default Hi, I'm new, and I have a question

Hi all, I'm new, not just to this forum but to gardening. I've inherited an interesting garden with the house I'm renting, and am doing my best to get it into shape and get some veggies on the go.

My question is this: There are a lot of bulbs in the garden, some of which I dug up and stored in June when I planted some bedding plants which I'd brought with me from Bristol when I moved. That went fine.

I decided I'd better get my spring bulbs back in now that winter's (supposedly) on its way, only to discover that the bulbs are sprouting! I've also notices that those i'd left in the garden are also coming up. My onions I'd planned to plant in February are also growing shoots. This isn't normal, is it? What can I do? I've put the bulbs in regardless, and planted my onions anyway, but I'm not sure if they're going to survive? Is there anything I can do to help them keep safe til next year?

Cheers, Cat