Old 20-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Snooze99 Snooze99 is offline
Registered User

Location: Worcester, UK
Default New Veg Patch

Hi all, just joined GardenBanter as it looked the best for info/experience, as we are about to take on a new house with a fairly large veg patch, and we want to start using it to grow our own.

So what we are looking for is some advice/tips/help/pointers etc to help us begin, as we are fairly novice at growing your own.

We plan to grow what we can eat, so thinking somewhere along the lines of (but in no particular order)

Potatoes sweet and normal(probably more for baking than anything else)
Onions, normal and spring
Lettuce
Strawberries, raspberries, canes are already there but I think need attention.
Rhubarb, carrots, leeks and finally green beans.

Not knowing about when/where? how to plant/harvest etc, any help would be greatly appreciated.

We probably have 80Sq meters to use, veg patch look well drained and good access to compost, etc.

I've looked around the net, what would be really useful is a custom month by month what we should be doing to achieve an end-goal, ie Grow/eat your own.

Here's hoping someone can offer advice.

:-)

Regards James