Old 20-11-2011, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of a ticking off!

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
lid says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 22:30:30 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:07:00 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

NO I will not pay up. Never. Thats the point, I consider myself
innocent.

And so do I. I would refuse to pay the fixed penalty, and insist on
going
to court. Make sure you let the plod know that you consider their
actions
outrageous and unacceptable, especially if they are taking no action
against the intruder. They will almost certainly get the wobbles,
and
settle for sending you a "don't do it again" letter. Attack is
always
the
best form of defence.

Thre trespasser hasn't committed a crime, his offence is a civil
offence
and is of no interest to the police.

So why do Sheffield police send somebody fast if you report an
intruder in your garden?
--

Martin

Because of the crime he may be about to commit?

Yes. they have a proactive policy of preventing crime. There are
plenty of things an intruder can be charged with.

Can you give an example?

Janet

Peeping Tom?

--