Old 21-11-2011, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Dahlia imperialis

On 2011-11-20 18:26:15 +0000, rbel said:

On 2011-11-19 19:34:47 +0000, rbel said:

A week or so ago there was mention of Dahlia imperialis. *There is a
short article and picture in today's online WMN about one flowering at
Bicton Agricultural College in Devon
http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Rare-au...lant-Aztecs/st....

rbel

Thanks

very

much for posting this. Bicton has a garden worth visiting and this
is a timely reminder. *And my step-son, step-daughter and daughter have
all done different courses there over the years. *It's an excellent
facility.

Yes it is, I attended livestock economics lectures there early in my
days with Defra. *I remember that there was an amazing avenue of huge
monkey puzzle trees bordering the drive to the original house.

rbel

They're still there. *This is far from being my favourite tree but I
have to admit that in such a wide and long avenue they're very imposing
and in just the right situation.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

My Imperialis is getting better but I wish it could look like the 2nd
pic on this site http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/105.htm
Thought I'd dodge the showers to take another pic of mine,got out the
field to find no card in the camera, now it's raining again.