Old 25-11-2011, 09:41 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granity View Post
My first thought was the False Chanterelle, Hygrophoropsis aurantiaca. although it's stretching it's habitat of coniferous woods or on acid heathland a bit
picture he Rogers Mushrooms - Hygrophoropsis aurantiaca Mushroom
As far as I can see, OP's one isn't yellow/orange, doesn't have strongly decurrent gills (though we can't clearly see whether the gills are free, attached or decurrent from the photos), has scales on the cap and has a ring on the stem. Which, if I have interpreted the photos correctly, would be 4 wrong factors for that id. And wrong habitat too, as you say.